These are super easy to make and obviously super yummy to eat! You can roll them up into little bites or cut them into the typical chewy bar size. These are the classic peanut butter and chocolate combo. While I was making them, Gabriel asked if I could add in some walnuts too!
*You can customize these bars to what you want. You can use almond butter instead of peanut butter, coconut oil instead of butter, add in the dried fruit/fruits of your choice, or add in some shredded coconut!
3/4 c. Crunchy Peanut butter (crunchy, for texture! But smooth works just fine too)
1/2 c. Honey
2 Tbsp. Butter
Splash of vanilla
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 1/2 c. Instant oats
2 Tbsp. ground flax seed (optional)
1/2 c. Chopped walnuts
1/2 c. mini chocolate chips (for the bars)
3 Tbsp. mini chocolate chips (for the top)
1. Line a small rectangular pan with either parchment or wax paper for when the bars are ready to set.
2. In a big bowl combine the dry ingredients: the oats, flax seeds, and walnuts.
3. In a pot, combine the peanut butter, honey, and butter. Once it comes to a simmer, let is simmer for a minute, constantly stirring. This will act at the glue for your chewy bars.
4. Once the sweet glue is finished, add in the splash of vanilla and salt. Then pour it into your bowl of dry ingredients.
5. Mix together with a rubber spatula. Allow to cool in the bowl for about 5 minutes. Then add in the 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips. They may melt a little bit, but that’s fine. If you don’t want them to melt, then I’d recommend waiting a little longer to add them in.
6. Once it is mixed together, pour into the lined pan. Press down with the bottom of a measuring cup to flatten them out.
7. Refrigerate for 10 minutes then sprinkle the remainder of the chocolate chips on top and press them into the pre-cut bars. The refrigerate for another 2 hours.
8. Lift the chewy bar slab out of the pan and cut into little rectangles or little squares if you prefer! Store them in a container in your refrigerator!