I love potato hash! I love sweet potatoes. So why not combine the two. This sweet potato hash is so good. You get the saltiness of the bacon, the sweetness from the sweet potatoes, and onion. Then that freshness from the kale. Then of course, who doesn’t love garlic? Top this with a nice runny egg and in my opinion, you have a delicious brunch!
1/2 package of bacon
1 small onion, small diced
3 Tbsp. Olive oil
1 large sweet potato, medium diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 bunch of kale, roughly chopped
TT salt & pepper
1. Heat a big skilled to medium heat. Cut your bacon into 1 inch pieces and cook half way through. Once the bacon has some color to it, add in the onion.
2. During this time, peel and cut your sweet potato.
3. Once the onions and bacon are almost cooked through, remove them from the skillet into a bowl.
4. Add the olive oil to the skillet and the sweet potatoes. Season with some salt and pepper. Give them a big stir to get the sweet potatoes coated. Allow some time in between stirs to let the sweet potatoes cook. This may take 7 – 10 minutes to let the potatoes cook almost all the way through.
5. In the last few minutes when the potatoes are almost done, add back in the bacon and onions. Then add in the minced garlic.
6. Cook altogether for 3 -5 minutes (or until the potatoes are fully cooked). Then add in the roughly chopped kale and stir. Allow the kale to wilt, this will only take about a minute or 2. Taste to see if it seeds any more salt or pepper. If you want more garlic flavor, sprinkle some garlic powder on top.
7. In another skillet, fry your eggs to your desired cook. I prefer over easy eggs for a nice runny yolk! Place eggs on top and serve.