I love this cake! Obviously it’s great with coffee but I also love to eat a slice with a huge glass of milk. This isn’t your classic coffee cake with the streusel-like topping. I went with a glaze and some chopped walnuts!
1 1/3 c. white sugar
3/4 c. softened butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 c. sour cream
2 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 c. white sugar
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 c. powdered sugar
2 Tbsp milk
1/4 c. chopped walnuts (or pecans)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray your bundt pan.
2. In a big bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until it is noticeably lighter and fluffier. I used a hand mixer, but you could use a stand mixer if you want to. Then add in one egg at a time and the vanilla.
3. In another bowl, combine your dry ingredients of flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Alternately add in the dry ingredients and the sour cream. This will be a thicker batter.
4. In a small bowl, combine the 1/3 c. white sugar and cinnamon. Pour half of the batter into your bundt pan. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top. Then cover with the rest of the batter.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Allow the cake to completely cool before icing it. For the icing, combine the powdered sugar and milk. The icing needs to be a thick consistency. If you need to add in more powdered sugar, feel free to! Chop the walnuts so that they’re not super chunky.
7. Top your cake with the icing and walnuts and serve with a nice cup of coffee (or milk)!