So there’s this little coffee shop near Huntsville that I love called Honey’s Coffee and Biscuits. They make these amazing orange biscuits that I LOVE! After eating a few, I wondered if I could try to recreate these at home. So here is my version! It can be a dessert, brunch item, or breakfast if you want something a little extra sweet.
I used Joanna Gaines’ recipe: Jojo’s Biscuits from the Magnolia Table cookbook. I don’t know rules for posting other people’s recipes, so you can find hers in the book below or online somewhere else!
Modifications: I halved the recipe. I added in 2 Tbs of sugar to dry ingredients. Other than that, follow recipe as stated in the cookbook.
If you have another roll-out biscuit recipe that you like, use that instead!
1 jar (1lb 1.25 oz) Orange Marmalade
1 stick butter
2 spoons of sugar
1/2 c. water
1. Follow biscuit recipe.
2. Once you’re ready to bake your biscuits, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Then prepare the orange glaze. Keep in mind that your biscuit dough needs to chill from 30 minutes to overnight.
3. In a sauce pan melt the stick of butter. Once it’s melted, add in the marmalade, sugar, and water.
4. While the orange concoction if simmering, roll out your biscuits. You could do two pans of mini biscuits, or one pan of huge fat biscuits.
5. If you’re doing two pans, divide your orange glaze between the two pans. If you’re doing one pan, pour it all in the one pan.
6. Place your biscuits on top of the orange glaze. You can place them pretty close to one another too. Be sure you brush the tops of the biscuits with an egg/buttermilk combo for the golden brown color.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Serve warm and enjoy the deliciousness!