The Holidays are here! I love classic puppy chow and this recipe is so easy. I actually found it on the back of the Chex box. The only modification I made was to add in the Christmas M&Ms to make it more festive! If you have another holiday party coming up and don’t have time to bake or cook a dish, make this quick little snack. IT IS SO GOOD!
9 c. Rice Chex cereal
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. smooth peanut butter
1/2 c. butter (1 stick)
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 c. (Christmas) M&Ms
1. In a microwave safe bowl or huge measuring cup, microwave the butter, chocolate chips, and peanut butter for about 1 minute.
2. Mix together until all the clumps are gone.
3. Put the Chex in either a huge zip-lock bag (gallon sized) or a very large bowl that has a lid (you’ll need that later).
4. To the Chex, add the chocolate mixture and stir with spatula (or shake well in the bag).
5. Once the cereal is evenly coated, add in the powdered sugar. Now, don’t be like me and assume you have enough. Always check that you have enough. (I was about 1/2 a cup short).
6. Shake well until powdered sugar has covered the Chex. If you have the correct amount of powdered sugar, it should look a lot whiter than mine below.
7. Add in the M&Ms and give one more good shake and serve! YUM!