I bought a Greek seasoning mix (below) a while back and I really wanted to use it again. This dish is inspired by that seasoning. I also really love the lemon and lemon zest in this dish. It is a great one pot dish. You definitely want to use a pot/lid that is oven friendly.
4 chicken thighs
1 1/2 c. white long grain rice
3 c. chicken broth
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of half the lemon
1 c. yellow onion, medium diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
TT salt, pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a dutch oven (or pot), heat up a little over a tablespoon of olive oil. Season your chicken with salt, pepper, and cover with the Greek seasonings (season both sides). Once the oil is hot, place chicken in the dutch oven skin side down.
3. Cook for about on medium-high heat for about 7-10 minutes or until skin is golden brown. Flip and cook the other side for another 7 minutes. Take the chick out and set aside on a plate or cutting board.
4. Don’t remove any of the juices or oils from the pot. Add in the rice, onions, and garlic. Season with about a teaspoon of salt. Brown for about 5 minutes.
5. Add in the broth, zest of one lemon, and lemon juice (of half the lemon), stir real quick and then place the chicken thighs on top. Cover with the dutch oven lid and bake in the 400 degree oven for 25 minutes.
6. Once it done baking, the rice and chicken should be cooked through. Sprinkle with parsley and if you want more lemon flavor, use the other half lemon to squeeze more lemon juice on top.
Y’all, I really do love this dish. Not to mention, Gabriel loves the rice a lot!