Another recipe utilizing our freshly picked basil! Same flavor profile as the bruschetta, except thrown into a pasta.
1 10oz. Package cherry tomatoes, half of them sliced
1/2 c. Freshly chopped basil
1/2 c. Mozzarella cheese
1 12oz. box bow-tie noodles (farfalle)
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Fill up a pot of water to boil for the pasta. Once it is a roaring boil, salt the water and add in the pasta. Follow cooking instructions on box. Save some of the pasta water for later.
2. In a skillet, add a drizzle of olive oil on medium-high heat. Pour in about half of the (whole) cherry tomatoes and let them blister. One they begin to blister, start squishing them. I used a potato masher, but a fork would work too! Season with a generous pinch of salt and a light pinch of sugar.
3. During the cooking process, add in the rest of the tomatoes (the sliced ones). *See pictures below*
4. Once the tomatoes have cooked down and the noodles are done, drain the noodles and add them into the tomatoes. Add in the fresh basil and a splash of the pasta water.
5. Finish off with the cheese, mix altogether and serve!
It’s a super simple meal and it’s so yummy!