16 oz. heavy whipping cream
1/4 c. cocoa powder
Small splash of Mexican vanilla
1 c. mini Oreos
*1 c. milk*- If you are using an ice cream maker
*3/4 sugar* – If you are using an ice cream maker
* 1 can sweetened condensed milk* If you are NOT using an ice cream maker
Directions for Ice cream maker:
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the whipping cream, sugar, milk, and cocoa powder. Whisk well until the cocoa powder stops sitting at the top.
2. I have a cuisine art ice cream maker – I had to have the bowl in the freezer for 24 hours before using it to churn the ice cream- and I poured the mix as the machine was already on. Churn for 15 minutes.
3. After 15 minutes, add in the cookies and let it churn for 5 more minutes.
4. Pour into an air tight container. Freeze for at least 3 hours and then serve.
Direction without ice cream maker:
1. In a small bowl, mix the cocoa powder and sweetened condensed milk until the cocoa powder blends in.
2. In a big mixing bowl, combine the whipping cream and vanilla. Use either a hand mixer or a whisk (which will turn into an arm workout) and mix until you get stiff peaks.
3. With a rubber spatula, fold in the cocoa mixture and then fold in the cookies, and pour into an air tight container.
3. Freeze overnight for best results.