This is part 3 of the fish dinner… the fish! My mom has made fish like this since High School and I have always loved it. Panko is the best for a super crunchy crust. Thanks, mom!
4 tilapia fillets (I cut into 4 pieces)
1/2 c. flour
1 Tbs milk
2 c. panko bread crumbs
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Ranch Seasoning packet (only a little bit)
1. In a large skillet, put about a centimeter of oil for frying your fish.
2. Set up your breading station. Flour, egg, then Panko.
3. To the flour, add in 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and 1/2 tsp ranch seasoning.
4. To the egg, beat together with the milk.
5. To the panko add in the other half of the seasonings.
6. Take your fish, be sure to have a hand for the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients. The breading order- flour, egg, panko. Then fry until golden brown. Once you remove it from the oil, place on a plate with a paper towel and sprinkle with just a little bit of salt to hep absorb some of the remaining oil.
7. Repeat with all of the pieces of fish. There you have it. Crunchy flaky fish!