This is another great meal prepping dish. You make make stuffed peppers a bunch of different ways and you can make so many at once.
4-5 bell peppers, halved and seeded (I like to use yellow or orange ones)
1 lbs ground beef (or ground turkey)
1 small onion, diced
1 tomato, diced
1 can crushed tomatoes
1/2 c. black beans
1/2 c. corn
1/2 c. prepared quinoa (or rice)
1/3 c. cilantro, roughly chopped
TT Salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin powder, chili powder
1 c. Monterey Jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Drizzle olive oil over peppers, and sprinkle salt and pepper. Bake for about 10 minutes until they begin to blister.
3. In a large skillet, saute onions for 2 minutes. Add in the ground meat and season with those that are listed above. When it is almost done cooking, add in the tomatoes.
4. Add in the can of crushed tomatoes, black beans, corn, and cooked quinoa. Let simmer for a 5-7 minutes and be sure to taste and adjust your seasonings.
5. Turn off the heat and fold in most of your cilantro. Fill your peppers. I usually over-stuff them to create a dome type shape on top of the pepper.
6. Sprinkle with cheese and then back for 5 minutes. Finish off by broiling until the cheese is bubbly and golden on top.
7. Before serving, if you have extra cilantro, sprinkle on top as a fresh garnish!