Lightly Breaded Chicken Breast
1 chicken breast
1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. dried parsley
2 Tbs. olive oil
1. Butterfly the chicken breast – turning it into 2 individual pieces.
2. In a bowl, combine dry ingredients. Once combined, save 2 Tbs of flour mixture for later.
3. light bread each piece of chicken.
4. Heat the olive oil in a pan and light fry the chick until golden brown on both sides.
5. When done, set aside.
Mushroom Cream Sauce
2 c. mushrooms, sliced
1 large garlic clove, diced
1/2 a medium shallot, diced
1/2 c. chicken stock
1 c. whipping cream (or heaving whipping cream)
1 Tbs. olive oil
2 Tbs. seasoned flour (from earlier)
TT salt, pepper, and garlic powder
1. In same pan (that the chicken was cooked in), add olive oil and sweet the shallots for about 2 minutes on medium/medium-high heat.
2. Add the sliced mushrooms and garlic. Cook until mushrooms have browned.
3. Add in the flour (if the mushroom mixture appears dry, add in some more oil). With a rubber spatula, mix in the flour until it looks a little pastey (I promise it’ll look better when you’re done). Cook for another minute.
4. Stir in the chicken stock. Be sure to take out any lumps.
5. Stir in the cream. Season “to taste” with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Let the sauce simmer until thickened, then add the chicken pieces back in to get smothered in the sauce.
Simple Roasted Potatoes
1 russet potato, diced
TT salt, pepper, garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. On large baking sheet, spread out potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and garlic.
3. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden/crispy. Baking time will differ depending on the size you cut your potatoes, so be sure to check on them!